Sep 1, 2010

The Sexiest Hobbies a Woman Can Have

Add caption

Hanging out at a bar last night, I started talking to the girls at the next table. We were at Ted’s Collision, my favorite watering hole in Toronto, which happens to have a pool table (and plays great music, like Motorhead, all the time). I suggested we go play, but the girl I asked just looked at me weirdly: “I don’t play pool. I do graffiti.” OK. Sooooo cool. But seriously, kinda sexy. I’ve written before about what sports I think are sexiest—what about hobbies?

1. Art
Pretty general, I know. But creativity gets major points with me. Genetics spread their gifts out, and while I was blessed with terrific calves, I was completely bypassed when it comes to artistic ability. I cannot sketch or draw, pain or sculpt. Hence, I am hugely impressed when someone else can do those things well, even if it’s just recreational.

2. Music
Musical ability is right up there with art—it’s part of the same category, in fact, and not just because I wasn’t born with the ability to do it well. For me, personally, the sexiest musical hobbies go like this: singing, guitar, piano, drums, brass, harp, bassoon.


3. Politics
“We’re going to march downtown to protest the meat industry; I put your chicken costume by the front door.” Count me out, but I love it that you’re involved. Serious back rubs and sexy times when you get back. Seriously, commitment to issues, especially when they’re grounded in an according political or moral philosophy, is a huge turnon. It shows drive, and intellect, and the all-important passion.

4. Volunteerism/Do-Gooding
I prefer to throw money at problems and hope they go away, so the minute a woman says “volunteer,” or “mentor,” I’m all ears. I’ll be super frank here: I’m attracted to people who are better than me. The idea that she spends her free time helping others is a major check in the plus column.

5. Shopping
This was a trick. Shopping is boring. So is hearing about shopping. Unless she is shopping for a new guitar, because she just rocked her old one to death.

What hobbies do you like a guy to have in his arsenal? What are your hobbies?

No comments: